General Health Checks
A health check is an examination of your current state of health will be carried out by us. Throughout life, it is recommended that you carry out a series of health checks to ensure you are on the right track to good health, and as we become more vulnerable to illness the older we get, health checks become vitally important during the later years.
The aim of a health check is to help find, prevent or lessen the effect of health issues. Essentially, it’s like getting your car serviced before it breaks down.
By finding problems early, your chances for treatment and cure are always better. If you have a predisposition to a certain problem, we will be able to offer you practical advice on limiting the risks.
- Prevention is always better than cure;
- Prevention cuts the cost of healthcare;
- One irregularity can affect your overall health.
A health check generally involves:
- Updating your medical history and examining your health issues;
- Performing tests if required;
- A follow up of any problems identified;
- Advice and information on how to improve health.
Chronic disease management
If you have a chronic medical condition you may get Medicare benefits for allied health services to help manage your condition.
Chronic medical condition
A medical condition is chronic if you've had it for at least 6 months or it's terminal.
Who can get a management plan
If you have a chronic medical condition you can get a management plan from your doctor.
Types of management plans
There are 2 types of management plans:
- a GP management plan, and
- a team care arrangement plan
If you’re eligible and your doctor prepares both of these plans, you may get medical benefits for specific allied health services. For example physiotherapy services.
GP management plan
This is an agreed action plan between you and your GP. It:
- identifies your health care needs
- sets out the services your GP provides, and
- lists what you need to do
Team care arrangement plan
You’ll get a team care arrangement plan if you need treatment from your doctor and at least 2 other health professionals. The treatment must relate to your medical condition.
Contact us to find out more about a plan to manage your chronic disease.
- Well-Man Check
- 45-50 Year Old Check
- Bowel Cancer Screening
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Urological Problems
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Pregnancy and Antenatal Care
- Pap Smears
- Contraceptive Advice
- Implanon Services
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Well-Woman Check
- Post-Menopausal Problems
- Health assessments
Management of childhood and adolescence acute and chronic disease
- Wart treatment
- Management of childhood obesity
- Mental health assessment
- Mental health care plan
FACT SHEET FOR PATIENTS-please see the link for details:
We offer work cover services to our patients.
FACT SHEET FOR PATIENTS
- Wound dressing and care
- Childhood Immunisations
- Travel Advice and Vaccinations
- INR Testing
- Blood Testing Pathology
We offer pre-employment medical services to our patients.
- Care Plans for Chronic Disease
- 45 to 49 year old Assessment
- 75+ year old Assessment
- 4 year old Child Health Check
- Diabetic / Asthma Cycle of Care
- Annual Health Assessments as required
- Mental Health Assessment
- Aboriginal health Assessment
We also offer travel vaccine services.
We offer the following services:
- Sexual health assessment and advice
- STD checks
- STD prevention
- Management of STDs.